Knives for chefs Ltd. may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time by updating this page. You should return to this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. These terms are effective from 1st October 2018.
Buying knives – people under 18
Knives for chefs Ltd. is based in the UK and is governed by UK law. Under UK law it is illegal to sell any knife to anyone under the age of 18. When you buy a knife through this website, you are making a legal declaration that you are 18 years of age or more. If you are under 18, DO NOT BUY A KNIFE FROM THIS WEBSITE, even if it is as a gift for someone else. You will be required to prove that you are 18 or over when you take delivery of the knife.
Pricing, shipping, VAT & import duties
Knives for chefs Ltd. reserves the right to amend prices at any time. Knives for chefs Ltd. is registered in the UK for VAT (VAT registration number 105608831). Charges for Postage and Packing will be clearly displayed before you commit to buy (and are also given on our delivery & returns page). No payment shall be deemed to have been received until Knives for chefs Ltd. has received cleared funds.
Taxes & import duties
Prices shown on this website include VAT at 20%.
For customers within the UK and EU, VAT will be charged at 20% on goods and shipping.
For customers outside the EU, VAT is not charged and your order total will be reduced appropriately on the checkout page, prior to payment being taken. However, there may additional VAT, customs charges or import duties to pay on entry of the goods into your country. This varies by country and is payable by the customer.
VAT invoices are normally provided and are also available on request.
Knives for chefs Ltd. is a UK business and is VAT registered (VAT number 105608831).
Using this website
- The term “Knives for chefs Ltd.” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered address is 89A Hopton road, streatham, London, SW16 2EL, U.K. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Security, privacy & cookies
This page sets out how Knives for chefs Ltd. uses and protects any information that you give when you use this website. Knives for chefs Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Knives for chefs Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 21st June 2016.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. www.knivesforchefs.co.uk has SSL Security Certification issued by Security metrics and this can be verified here: www.securitymetrics.com Payments are taken via Global payments (direct entry of card details), via PayPal, or by bank transfer.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information: Name, contact information including address, telephone number and email address, demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests, other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. Credit and debit card information is NEVER stored.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons Internal record keeping, We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, You may unsubscribe from our mailing list by typing your email address into the footer of our website and clicking ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail, We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other website
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways, whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes, If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.